Monday, April 23, 2012

How to: Home made baby safe finger paint!



What baby doesn't love to put everything in their mouth?! That is why when it comes time to have some painting fun with baby, it is important to make sure everything is baby safe! This past week, Kylar had lots of fun working on her first "masterpiece"! I think she particularly enjoyed making a mess and watching mommy clean it up ;) Here is the recipe and directions for the baby safe finger paint we made!

First, you will need:

2 1/2 cups of water
1/4 cup cornstarch
Food coloring


1. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.



2. Stir occasionally. Once it has turned to a clear and thick consistency, you will know it is ready.  I used some of the Gerber baby food containers that I had saved and they were perfect for finger paint storage! (I knew all of my hoarding would come in handy some day!)


3. Add food coloring and you're done! So easy!




See! Totally edible!
All bundled up after making a mess.. I mean masterpeice!
Perfect! Ithink we have a little Picasso on our hands!
And here is another cute pic of my little one that is totally unrelated to DIY baby finger paints but mommies love to brag! :)


Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment