Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's a...

So sorry I have neglected my blogging duties over the past few weeks.  I have finally found time to blog about all of the exciting things that have been happening lately!  I think I should begin with the night that Raynor and I found out the gender of our baby!

It was a very long but exciting drive from Texas to Arizona on the first day of spring break and although Raynor and I were very excited to see each other, I think we were even more excited to see what was in the box my mom had prepared for us to open.  In this box, my mom had creatively placed the answer to the question we had been asking ever since we found out we were having a baby: BOY or GIRL?  When I arrived in Scottsdale, we quickly settled into my hotel and did not hesitate to open the first of four boxes my mom had for us.  Raynor was a little nervous when he was opening the first box (I admit, I was a little nervous too).  After we found out what we were having, I asked him why he was nervous and he said "I was nervous it was going to be a girl!"  Once we opened the box, we found a small treasure chest that said "Ready?... Then open!"   The first thing we saw when we opened the treasure chest was a baseball picture frame with a sonogram picture of our baby BOY!!! Raynor was all smiles from then on!  We opened the other packages to find the most adorable tiny little clothes! (of course, most of them were baseball related!) The clothes were so small and I cant wait for our little boy to be here to dress him up in all of them! We also found several bible verses that my mom had written down for us to use as guidance while raising our little one.  This is one of my favorite bible verses that she wrote down:
      
        "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." -Isaiah 55:11

As we prepare for our little boy, we pray that we will have wisdom and discernment throughout our years of parenting and that our child will grow in Christ and learn to put God first above all else. 

























Some of his cute new clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment