Friday, October 14, 2011

A Tribute to One of the Happiest Days of Our Lives

Our wedding day was one of the most special days of our lives.  We began dating 10-15-06 and were engaged on our 3 year anniversary on 10-15-09 and were married on our 4 year anniversary 10-15-10.  (I know... Everyone tells me I made it easy on Raynor to remember our anniversary!)  We were married at the amazingly beautiful Bella Donna Chapel at Adriatica in McKinney.  It was actually still under construction when we got married but it was still breathtaking!  We spent the morning and afternoon getting ready and it seemed to go by so fast! But, I was glad because I couldn't wait to see my soon-to-be hubby! I could keep writing, but the pictures do a better job of telling the story of our wedding day!









We decided to do a "first look" where we saw each other before the wedding.  It was important to us to be able to express our excitement and emotions when we first saw each other in private without everyone watching.  It was such an amazing feeling to see my soon to be husband standing there on the bridge waiting to see me!  I will never forget those sweet moments :)



My sister's horse Lady came to the wedding... ok well maybe she wasn't at the ceremony but she was apart of the pre-ceremony festivities! :)  We had so much fun taking these photos with her.  She is such a sweetie and is extremely photogenic for a horse.  What can I say?  She just loves the camera! :)




We were so blessed and honored to have our wonderful friends & family be apart of our special day!




The Ceremony

My favorite part about the ceremony was when our pastor revealed to us that we were actually standing on the Word of God during the ceremony.  The builders of the chapel buried a Bible into the foundation of the chapel while it was being constructed.  To us, it was very symbolic because as we were building our marriage around the Word of God, so too was the chapel built around it.  Another highlight of the ceremony was when the ring bearer (my little cousin Pierce) threw the baseball that was supposed to be holding my ring!  The baseball was a substitute for a traditional ring bearer pillow because we wanted to get a little creative! Luckily, there was a fake ring glued to the baseball instead of my actual ring. (I didn't really trust a 2 year old with an expensive ring!)





And after 4 years of dating... finally husband and wife!



Then we were off to the reception!!!


So we weren't supposed to smash cake in each others faces... BUT I couldn't resist! :)



After lots of partying on the dance floor.. it was already time to leave.  The night seemed like it flew by!  But, it was definitely one of the most memorable nights of our lives!



And they lived happily ever after! :)

FYI: The AWESOME photographer who took all of these AMAZING photos is Ashley Munn with Ashley Munn Photography!  Check her out!  You wont be disappointed! :)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! We got married 10.17.10 and are living in Frisco (AA team) with rangers! We love Texas, and McKinney is so pretty!! :) you looked stunning!

    ReplyDelete