Friday, December 30, 2011

Baseball Life: Injury Report

Recently, we paid a visit to good ole Midland, Texas! Midland is where Raynor and I lived during our first few newlywed months while he worked out during the off season and I attended the didactic portion of PA school.  Although we miss living in Midland (somewhat), our trip certainly was not all pleasure.  I spent the entire 5 hour drive there studying for my grand rounds exam and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning with my dearest PA school friends (we were probably talking more than studying).  After ace-ing my test in the morning :) I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do during the rest of the day of Grand Rounds.  You see, all of my fellow PA classmates are a pro at the Grand Rounds thing.  I, however, was walking around aimlessly not knowing what the heck was going on! Grand rounds are at the end of every 6 week clinical rotation.  During this time we take an exam that covers everything we learned at our particular rotation, we have to present a case study and we meet regarding our master's thesis.  This was my first experience at grand rounds.  While everyone else was completing their first clinical rotation, I was busy having a baby, changing diapers and staying up all night feeding and rocking my beautiful baby girl to sleep.  I am proud to say that I survived! Afterwards, we were able to visit our friends Marcus and Jen at Extra Innings where Raynor worked giving lessons in the off season.  Kylar loved it! She was very entertained by all of the strange noises coming from the cages.  Raynor took a few swings from an auto pitching machine and had a little pain from his wrist injury that he sustained last season. We are hoping that he just tweaked it a little and that it will heal back well. However, if it continues to be re-injured during his off-season workouts, it will probably have to be reevaluated.

No comments:

Post a Comment