Monday, January 2, 2012

Hanging out with the Campbell family in the off-season!

Minor league baseball and a baby are a fun but challenging combination. Throw in PA school to the mix and you have a recipe for unwanted premature grey hairs! This off-season has been so wonderful for our little family as we watch the little one grow. Although there is so much excitement surrounding the holidays, I can't help but dread the day when we have to say goodbye to Raynor for the season. But instead of focusing on the future, I would like to reminisce in all of the fun adventures of this off-season so far! Raynor and I have had a steep learning curve in baby 101! Kylar is our pride and joy but she is not always the easiest baby to take care of! However, I will admit that after we figured out how to manage her colic and reflux, she is a completely different baby! Babies these days really should come with their own personal instruction manuals.. But that is something I will take up with the Big Guy upstairs whenever I get there! :) I joke around sometimes saying that she is already a "diva" because she has to have things exactly the way she wants them (hmm I wonder who she gets that from?! ;) We have watched her grow from a 6 lb 7 oz brand new baby girl to a growing 13.2 lb 4 month old beauty! It has been so fun to watch her personality develop over these past few months. There are very few moments of the day when she isn't smiling or laughing at mommy and daddy or even strangers! (although she does let you know in a very loud way when she is tired and ready to be left alone!).  We have had so much going on during this off season including: traveling, celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary, Kylar's first Halloween, me going back to PA school and starting my first rotation, visitors coming to see us, Thanksgiving, my first Grand Rounds experience, Kylar's first Christmas and New year's!  2011 was a year of change, some of it was stressful, but most of it was absolutely wonderful! Here are some of the highlights of our off-season!


Aug. 19th, 2011 5:08 pm we welcomed out beautiful baby girl, Kylar Grace, into the world

Kylar's first trip ever to Jackson,TN where mommy grew up!

My best friend Nikki asked me to be her Matron of Honor!

Raynor and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary in Galveston, TX!


My first Halloween!

Kylar posing in front of the Christmas tree (before Santa came with all of the presents!)


No comments:

Post a Comment