Sunday, August 19, 2012

Letters to our sweet baby girl on her first birthday

Kylar Grace,

The day I found out I was pregnant with you, I was filled with a flood of mixed emotions. I was shocked, excited, scared, nervous and thankful all at the same time. Looking back on that day, I laugh because I had no idea how much brighter my life would be with you in it. Being your mommy has been more than I could have ever imagined. Your infectous smile, sweet cuddles, mischievous grin, little laugh and big personality have changed my life forever. Over the last year, i have watched you grow from a 6 pound 7 ounce precious newborn, to a thriving sweet one year old baby girl. You never cease to amaze me in all that you learn and pick up on. You seem to learn multiple new things each day and my newfound joy is watching you display your new insights, providing entertainment for me and daddy without fail! I've been told that there is no greater love than the love you have for your child and now that I have you as my beautiful daughter, I must say that statement perfectly depicts my feelings toward you. I so thankful that I have you as my little blessing to cherish. I know that in the future, things may not always be easy but I promise to never give up on you, to always have faith in you, to teach you the ways of God's word, to instill in you morals and values, to provide for you to the best of my ability, to teach you responsibility, to always listen to you and offer you advice when times get confusing, to pray continuously over you and to love you unconditionally. Happy birthday sweet baby girl, I can't wait to see what your bright future holds.

Love,
Mommy



Dear Kylar,

I cannot tell you how proud and lucky I am to be your father. Every day when you wake up and crack your beautiful smile at me makes my day. Today is a very special day in both of our lives, it is your first birthday and although you won't remember this day, it will always be a special moment in my life. This first year of your life has been very fun for mommy and me. You have brought such joy and life into this great family. You will always be the greatest thing that has happened to me. I do not know what age you will be when you read this, but I promise to raise you with faith and love. I love you do much that words cannot describe it. Thank you for being my daughter.

Love,
Dad

P.S. A father's love will never disappear

1 comment: